I am completely luck impaired. If I had luck as a stat like in role-playing games, it was be a -3. I swear.
But today, on the luckiest day of this millennium, I thought that I would acknowledge all of the luckiest things that have ever happened to me.
- From what I understand, some people search their whole lives for that one special person. I met him in my teens. I became romantically involved with him, and nine months later we were married.
- I am blessed with a wonderful son. Many women have fertility issues. Even if this surgery results in infertility, I still have T.D.
- I was lucky enough to have a mostly uncomplicated pregnancy with T.D. and a complication free labor. He was born healthy and beautiful.
- Through pure chance, I fell into the job of my dreams. This was the spark that started my passion for education and love of children. Some people search forever for the job they love, and I received mine by chance.
- I am naturally gifted in many areas. I was afforded so many different chances to hone my abilities.
- I am lucky enough to have a permanent home.
- By chance, I have found a mental health community. Here, I find warmth, comfort, guidance, and camaraderie.
- C.S. was lucky enough to walk away from a potentially fatal accident. I am lucky to have him alive.
- Through absolutely random chance, I met a stranger on the bus who helped me save the big spring musical. It saved my job, gave me work over the summer, and promoted me to Music Director.
- Once, I found $123 on a sidewalk with no one in sight.
- And best of all, I am the luckiest gal on the planet to be surrounded with people who love me for who I am. This one goes out to you.
Maybe I’m not so unlucky after all. Happy 11/11/11!